Filed Under (Ford) by admin on 17-01-2016
Ranger 1993-09 Models with Covered Hitch Plate
These OE Style Replacement Rear Bumpers match the original rear bumper in every way from the hitch assembly and step pad design to the lighting assembly. Meets all your replacement needs.• Made from die-formed construction. • Tested to maximum 350 lbs. tongue weight and 3,500 lbs. • trailer weight. Includes OE style brackets and necessary mounting hardware. • Do not exceed truck manufacturer’s recommended towing capacity
Filed Under (Ford) by admin on 16-01-2016
1. Raise front of vehicle and place jack stands behind radius arm pivot points. Block rear tires. Remove wheels and
tires , using a 3/4” deep well socket.
2. Using a 18mm socket remove bottom shock bolt on both sides. Do not remove the shock completely. Leave the
shock attached at the top. See Figure 1
3. Using a 18mm socket unbolt the sway bar link. Retain factory hardware. See Figure 2
4. Remove spring retaining nut and washer, both sides, using a 1 1/8”wrench. See Figure 3
5. Remove the factory coil springs.
6. Begin on passenger side by removing the axle pivot bracket for the driver side axle using a 21mm socket. Retain
stock hardware for re-use. See Figure 4
7. Slide the new drop bracket into the original mounting point. Use the stock hardware to bolt bracket into place. See
8. Reinstall the original pivot bolt.
9. Using a 21mm wrench, remove the nut from the drag link that attaches to the pitman arm. Separate drag link from
pitman arm using a puller tool. See Figure 6
Filed Under (Ford) by admin on 28-12-2015
Brake Caliper Diagnostics The total mileage since the pads were replaced is 6,472 miles. The repair order states: “Replace front
pads and rotors. Replace rear pads and turn rotors.” Like a piston ring in an engine, the internal compo-
nents of a caliper can only be diagnosed by the symptoms and not visually. Understanding what is behind the boot is critical to preventing comebacks.
Filed Under (Ford) by admin on 24-12-2015
BAT is pleased to be able to offer this line of components for the U.S. specification “Merkur” XR4ti, Scorpio and the other European models of Sierra lineage. European Sierra models have been manufactured since 1982 and include
two versions or body styles. We will concern ourselves with the Mark 1 as it is more similar to our U.S. version. The high water marks of the MK1 series are the XR4i and the Sierra Cosworth and R/S 500 models. From the exterior, XR4i is very similar to the U.S. Merkur XR4Ti in overall looks. However, under the hood it is powered by a 2.8L V-6 engine
where we have the 2.3L 4 cylinder turbo
Filed Under (Ford) by admin on 09-12-2015
Models covered All Ford Mondeo models with four-cylinder petrol engines, including special/limited editions 1597 cc, 1796 cc and 1988 cc Does not cover Diesel or V6 engines, or four-wheel-drive models
Introduction to the Ford Mondeo
Introduced in March 1993, the Ford Mondeo models are available in four-door Saloon, five-door Hatchback and five-door Estate configurations. All feature a high standard of equipment, with driver/passenger safety in accidents being a particularly high design priority; all models are fitted with features such as side impact bars in all doors, “anti-submarine” seats combined with “seat belt grabbers” and pre-tensioners, and an airbag fitted to the steering wheel. Vehicle security is enhanced, with an in-built alarm system and engine immobiliser being fitted as standard, as well as double-locking doors with shielded locks, and security-coded audio equipment. The four-cylinder petrol engine is a new design, available in 1.6, 1.8 and 2.0 litr