trouble shooting manual for 1997 chevy z71
You are searching repair manual in PDF format about trouble shooting manual for 1997 chevy z71 use another keyword for search another post or files
Filed Under (BMW) by admin on 07-09-2009
Comprehensive, single source of service information and specifications available specifically for BMW 5 Series from 1997 to 2002. The aim throughout this manual has been simplicity, clarity and completeness, with practical explanations, step-by-step procedures and accurate specifications. Whether you are a professional or a do-it-yourself BMW owner, this manual will help you understand, care for and repair your E39 5 Series. Though the do-it-yourself BMW owner will find this manual indispensable as a source of detailed maintenance and repair information, the BMW owner who has no intention of working on his or her car will find that reading and owning this manual will make it possible to discuss repairs more intelligently with a professional technician.
Engines covered in this BMW repair manual:
* 6-cylinder engines: M52, M52 TU, M54
* V-8 engines: M62, M62 TU
Fuel injection systems covered in this BMW repair manual:
* Bosch M 5.2, M 5.2.1, ME 7.2
* Siemens MS 41.0, MS 42.0, MS 43.0
Manual transmissions covered in this BMW repair manual:
* Getrag S5D 250G, S6S 420G
* ZF S5D 320Z
Automatic transmissions covered in this BMW repair manual:
* A4S 270R, A4S 310R
* A5S 360R, A5S 390R
* A5S 325Z
*A5S 560Z, A5S 440Z
Filed Under (Honda) by admin on 15-12-2010
NOTE: Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Recognition 1. ABS control unit recognizes system related problems and causes ABS warning light to come on and stay on under any of following conditions: Vehicle is driven with parking brake on longer than 30 seconds. One rear wheel is locked. Wheel speed sensor does not transmit a signal. Vehicle is driven on extremely rough road. Low battery voltage. Operation time of solenoid valves exceeds a specified value and control unit indicates an open circuit in solenoid circuit. Output signals from control unit are not transmitted to solenoid valves. Temporary loss of traction due to excessive cornering speed or starting from stuck condition (mud, snow or sand). 2. If ABS warning light comes on intermittently, use ABS Tester (07HAJ-SG0010B) to confirm problem. See ABS FUNCTION TEST under DIAGNOSIS & TESTING. 3. ABS warning light comes on and trouble code is stored in control unit when insufficient battery voltage exists at control unit. If low battery voltage caused problem, recharge battery and clear trouble code(s). See CLEARING DTCs under SELF-DIAGNOSTICS. ABS Warning Light Does Not Come On If ABS warning light does not come on when ignition is on: Check bulb. Check Yellow wire between fuse No. 1 and instrument cluster. Check Blue/White wire between instrument cluster and control unit. Check control unit ground circuit. ABS Warning Light Stays On Without DTCs If ABS warning light stays on and no DTCs have been stored in control unit, check for following items: Loose or poor control unit connector. Blown ABS fuse No. B2 in underhood fuse/relay box. Open circuit in White/Black wire between ABS fuse No. B2 and control unit. Open circuit in Yellow/Black wire between fuse No. 7 and fail-safe relays. ABS system is okay if ABS warning light goes out after engine is started.
Filed Under (Ford) by admin on 06-04-2011
1. Thoroughly clean the transmission case and extension housing in solvent and blow dry with compressed air. 2. Inspect the transmission case for the following: 1. Stripped bolt hole threads. 2. Gasket and mating surfaces for burrs or nicks. 3. Obstructions to vent and fluid passages. Cracks or warpage. 3. Inspect the extension housing for cracks, burrs or warpage. 4. Inspect case bearing for damage. Replace as needed. 5. Remove the case bearing. 1. Install the Bearing Cup Puller with Slide Hammer into case bearing. 2. Remove the case bearing. Use an oil stone to remove any nicks or burrs in the bearing case bore. 6. Install a new case bearing. 1. Assemble and install the Drive Handle and Bearing Installer. 2. Position new case bearing onto bearing installer tool. 7. Tap case bearing into case bearing bore. 8. Install the A4LD Holding Fixure Adapter. 1. Position the A4LD Holding Fixture Adapter on the rear of the transmission case. 2. Install the A4LD Holding Fixture Adapter bolts. 9. Attach the fixture arm of the Bench Mounted Holding Fixture to the A4LD Holding Fixture Adapter. 10. Install transmission into Bench Mounted Holding Fixture. Rotate the transmission so that the fluid pan rail is facing up. -MOUNTED HOLDING FIXTURE IS SECURE. 11. Using Shift Lever Seal Replacer, install the manual control lever shaft seal. Lubricate the manual control lever shaft seal with petroleum jelly. 12. Assemble the manual valve inner lever and parking lever actuating rod as shown. 13. Install the manual control lever shaft. 14. NOTE: Align the manual control lever shaft alignment groove with the manual control lever shaft spring pin bore in the transmission case. Install the manual control lever shaft spring pin. Tap the manual control lever shaft spring pin into the transmission case. 15. Install the manual valve inner lever and parking lever actuating rod on to the manual control lever shaft. 16. Install the manual valve inner lever nut on the manual control lever shaft and tighten. 17. Install the output shaft thrust washer (No. 11). Coat the output shaft thrust washer with petroleum jelly. 18. Install the park gear.
Filed Under (BMW) by admin on 07-09-2009
repair manual supersedes our 1996 through 1998 BMW Z3 repair manual with four more model years of coverage and repair information for the Z3 Roadster, Z3 Coupe, M Roadster and M Coupe. With extensive new information as well as revisions throughout, this book is the comprehensive source of service information and technical specifications available for the BMW Z3 Roadster and Coupe.
Read the rest of this entry »
Filed Under (Honda) by admin on 12-10-2010
SYMPTOM The 6-speed manual transmission grinds when shifting into 3rd gear, pops out of 3rd gear, or is hard to shift into 3rd gear. NOTE: These symptoms can be intermittent and sometimes more noticeable in colder climates. PROBABLE CAUSE The transmission has a faulty 3rd gear synchronizer or 3-4 shift sleeve.REPAIR PROCEDURE 1. Remove the transmission: • Refer to Section 13 of the appropriate service manual, or • Online, enter keywords MANUAL REMOVAL, and select Manual Transmission Removal (V6 engine M/T) from the list. 2. Disassemble the transmission down to the mainshaft: • Refer to Section 13 of the appropriate service manual, or • Online, enter keywords TRANSMISSION DISASSEMBLY, and select Manual Transmission Disassembly (V6 engine M/T) from the list. 3. Replace the 3rd gear set: • Refer to Section 13 of the appropriate service manual, or • Online, enter keywords M/T MAINSHAFT DIS, and select M/T Mainshaft Disassembly (V6 engine M/T) from the list. 4. Reassemble the transmission: • Refer to Section 13 of the appropriate service manual, or • Online, enter keywords TRANSMISSION REASSEMBLY, and select Manual Transmission Reassembly (V6 engine M/T) from the list. 5. Reinstall the transmission: • Refer to Section 13 of the appropriate service manual, or • Online, enter keywords MANUAL INSTALL, and select Manual Transmission Installation (V6 engine M/T)from the list.