The Volkswagen New Beetle Service Manual: 1998.-.2002 1.8L turbo, 1.9L TDI diesel, 2.0L gasoline
Maintenance procedures: from routine oil changes to poly-ribbed belt replacement.
• Engine and cylinder head service, including timing belt and camshaft replacement.
• Component testing, removal and installation for engine lubrication, cooling, and exhaust systems.
• Turbocharger service, removal and installation, and intercooler components.
• Fuel supply system service, including fuel pump delivery volume test, electrical checks, EVAP system, as well as mechanical and electronic throttle control (E-gas).
• Fuel injection and ignition system component identification, electrical testing, technical data, and throttle valve control module adaptation using the factory scan tool.
• Drivetrain maintenance, troubleshooting, adjustment and repair, including hydraulic clutch, gearshift linkage, drive axles, and transmission removal and installation.
• Repair information for ABS/EDL/ASR/ESP brake and stability systems.
• Suspension system service including struts, CV joints, stabilizer bar, rear wheel bearings, wheel alignment specifications and steering system.
• Interior and exterior body equipment: airbags, bumpers, front and rear body sections, doors, hood, lids, lights, instrument panel/dashboard, sunroof, seatbelts, seats, trim panels.
• Heating and air conditioning repair, including A/C electrical component replacement, compressor, fresh air blower, sensors, and vacuum hose layout.
Related entry: free schmetics 1964 Voldswaged beetle